Thursday, June 16, 2011

Why I Love and Value the Prophetic: Rhema

* ~ ************* ~ ************** ~ ************** ~ ************* ~ ************* ~ *
Why I Love and Value the Prophetic
Rhema to our Path

“Where is your Ruth?”

The world is rocking and the times have brought changes to many people’s lives.  Many have had to move to seek new employment leaving all they loved and knew behind, others have struggles for various other reasons each leaving in its wake tears and pain, while others have lost everything because of the economy. We find ourselves asking God, “Why am I here?”

 Your “here” may not be a physical “here” but very possibly an emotional or spiritual “here”.  If this is you then believe I have a word from the Lord for you…

“Where is your Ruth?”   

Naomi found herself in such a place as many currently find themselves. Naomi’s husband, Elimelech, moved the family to Moab because of a famine in Bethlehem. While in Moab Elimelech and both Naomi’s sons died; upon returning home to Bethlehem Naomi said, "Do not call me Naomi (my delight); call me Mara (bitter), for the Almighty has dealt very bitterly with me.”  I went out full, and the LORD has brought me home again empty. Why do you call me Naomi, since the LORD has testified against me, and the Almighty has afflicted me?"
 
Naomi said she had come back empty; she thought everything had been taken from her - by the Hand of God nonetheless; pain and circumstances dimmed her eyes as to how wrong she really was about her situation.  One thing did came back with her, it was Ruth; a precious daughter-in-law of whom the people said was better to Naomi than 7 sons.

Ruth was worth Naomi's trip to Moab; even though Ruth was born a Moabitess she left her family and gods and clung to Naomi and her God.  Ruth ended up marrying Boaz; they had a son named Obed.  Obed had a son named Jesse – the father of King David… the ancestor of Jesus Christ; all because Naomi "due to famine" went to Moab with her husband and sons!

Sometimes this side of eternity it’s hard to understand why God does or allows what He does when our hearts are so broken we just can’t seem to see God in our circumstances (the Emmaus Road).  We need God to bring some light to our path…hopefully this message has brought some light to your path.

So who or what is your Ruth?  What was so important to God He moved you where you are or allowed your circumstances to be such that they are?  You aren’t where you are just because…there aren’t “just becauses” in the life of those who love God!  Trust Him in the fog.

From one man He made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and He determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live.  Acts 17:26

Ask Him who or what your Ruth is…

* ~ ************* ~ ************** ~ ************** ~ ************* ~ ************* ~ *

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the reminder to ask our Abba Father what my Ruth is! Though we are no longer close in distance, you are never far from my prayers or far our God's ability to use you to touch my life! I love & miss you & yours!

    ReplyDelete