Monday, November 10, 2014

John 16:33

John 16:33 “These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.”

Do you abide in Christ? One way to know is if you have peace in the midst of tribulation. Jesus’ promise here of tribulation in the world is countered with, “In Me you may have peace.” That is, “may have peace.” This peace Jesus provides is for those who are “in Him.” Not for all who have received Him, but for those who are abiding in Him. Jesus says, “In the world you will have tribulation,” but you are not of this world even as I am not of this world. If you will abide in Me then you too will walk in the peace that I Myself walked in and purchased for you.”

“This peace is not an absence of circumstances, whether fierce or foe. This peace is in Me. If you would have My peace, abide in Me. And what is the victory that has overcome the world? Yes, it is your faith. Your faith in what I have spoken. My words, which draw you into that place where I am. Where My victory has overcome on your behalf. Have faith in what I have said. That faith is a shield, quenching all the fiery darts of the evil one. It brings you into that secret place of the Most High where you abide under the shadow of My wing.”

“For in the time of trouble He shall hide me in His pavilion; In the secret place of His tabernacle He shall hide me; He shall set me high upon a rock.” Psalm 27:5  

No comments:

Post a Comment