Wednesday, April 15, 2015

"I AM-the-God-Who-Sees"

"I AM-the-God-Who-Sees."

"I AM-the-God-Who-Sees you." For some "I AM-the-God-Who-Sees you" (El Roi) strikes a chord of fear (minor of course), but in truth this is of great comfort. God sees us! He sees our struggles, He sees our finances, He sees our friendships, He sees our family, and He is the-God-Who-Sees me -- my heart, my thoughts, my intentions, my "why I do what I do"s; He is the God Who sees [me]. He is my El Roi!

How many times have I prayed "Jesus, save me![!!]"? Some days it is a prayer that reverberates repeatedly. No I'm not talking about the "Jesus save me" from hell. This "Jesus save me" is a crisis bellowing from deep within me and for no apparent reason except that I am faced once again with the realization that apart from Him I can do nothing.

Here I am, here -- right here -- in my life. I can think that we (George and I) have made all our decisions -- moving here, moving there, this job, that church, that..., this..., and on and on. But where is that in the life of a believer? The end of that kind of thinking is a pretty scary place. And it totally takes God's sovereignty out of the picture of our life -- your life, my life -- when His sovereignty is supposed to [and does] frame our lives.

Even if we have made decisions that weren't His best, our lives are still framed by Him. He surrounds us. He knows us. He loves us. He sees us!

Take comfort and regain some reliance that He is you El Roi too; He is the God Who Sees you!


From Genesis 16:13 "You-Are-the-God-Who-Sees."

No comments:

Post a Comment