Thursday, February 7, 2019

The Eye of the Storm: Plant Wisely


The Eye of the Storm: Plant Wisely

How often do we feel so unable to comprehend the dealings of God in our lives? We feel as though we are in a vast void of the unknown. What lies ahead” Am I in the will of God? Is there still something that He wants or even can use left in me?

In these times of Devine reflection it is best to step out of our current and remember. Remember the things He has spoken to us. Remember what we know to be true. Remembering refocuses us. It helps us during the times of the unknown. It also helps us to look outside our natural realm into the spiritual, into the place where the things of God are apprehended by faith.

I am in such a place. There was a tremendous amount of activity in my life the last couple of years. Selling a house, moving, building, moving my mom, selling her house, gathering our belongings from 3 states; then came Christmas, decorations, and getting ready for guests. And during all this I wrote a book: Confronting the Wind. The kids left, the decorations came down, and there I was…

Anyone else ever feel like you are standing on the edge of a cliff? Not like death is on the other side, but an unknown: an empty. It was during this time that I began to reflect with the Lord. I know Him well enough to know that He is never done with us. And that He doesn’t send us into such a place without a purpose. Many scriptures talk about the interactions of God with us in the desert, but I didn’t sense a desert. This was different. It felt like the eye of a storm. 

One day as I was texting a friend this season all came together. Off my fingers I was prophesying to myself what God was up to. “Though Spring is not here, I can and am planting seeds in this season as if it were Spring.” I remembered a prophecy I had given years ago when we lived in Humboldt County, California. “Be careful what you plant in this season, because it is what will grow in the next.” As I wrote I saw how the whispers from the Lord were all echoing the same thing. I just hadn’t seen how it all went together. I recalled that a couple weeks previously my friend, Devon, had sent me a song: Eye of the Storm. The lyrics didn't really speak to me, but now the title did. It was the Lord defining my season: I am in the eye of a storm.

If you are in a season of some downtime, reflect on the Lord. Don’t let the natural reasoning create the paradigm of your season. What is God up to? What is the purpose of your season? You are not just a speck on the planet. You have a purpose. What has God spoken to you that is yet to be fulfilled?

Those mentioned in Hebrews 11 looked beyond the natural into the spiritual. They didn’t let the natural dictate what they believed or how they walked with God. They lived by faith. They believed God.

Recall what He has said.

Focus on what you know to be true.

Plant wisely.

But as it is written: “Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, Nor have entered into the heart of man The things which God has prepared for those who love Him. But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God.”
1 Corinthians 2:9-10











No comments:

Post a Comment